Friday, October 16, 2015

Why Did I Choose This Lens? - Kayleigh Becker



The psychoanalytical lens in particular really interests me. I love learning about the brain and our subconscious thinking. The psychoanalytical lens focuses on the internal and emotional conflicts happening inside of a character’s mind; things that might not be outwardly expressed. Through a psychoanalytical lens, a reader also investigates the Id, ego, and superego of a character and why they act the way they do.

This lens is super interesting to me as I often wonder what secret fears, passions, dreams, and thoughts the people around me have and what motivates people to act the way they do. The psychoanalytical lens can help discover and unveil these things, and I believe that it is such a fun process.

I am hoping to receive a better understanding of both the author and her characters by the end of this project. I want to comprehend, not just know, the Freudian concepts and be able to use them to thoroughly analyze characters. I hope to understand the mind better and perceive how our decisions are made--conscious and subconscious--using the psychoanalytical lens.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very interesting that you chose a picture of a cracked open walnut for your representation of the inner mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slots, Poker, and Slots - Mapyro
    Find Slot, Poker, and Slots locations 전라남도 출장안마 in Nevada, New 군포 출장안마 Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, 논산 출장마사지 Pennsylvania 나주 출장마사지 and South Carolina. 서울특별 출장마사지

    ReplyDelete